Friday, February 02, 2007

Assignment 1: Final Prototype

In the final prototype for flying, I have decided to use the N from the second rough as suggested by the class. As for the 'G', it was back to the drawing board. With the toying of the use of control tower, I have decided to have two aeroplanes to accompany it, to depict the coming in and going out of aeroplanes in the airport to give more meaning to my design.

Prototype: Flying

Instead of using the shark which the class was more interested to see in my rough, I have decided to use dolphin leaping out of water to form my 'G'. It was able to display the shape of 'G' more coherently as the waves are easier t manipulate. Similar to the suggestion of using shark of lesser associative value to diving, I believed that dolphin will also be a good choice for my design.

Prototype: Diving

As I was afraid that it was difficult to visualize my G, I decided to add a faint backing of each character at the back of my prototype.

The feedback that the addition of the backing was unnecessary, it only added noise to my prototype. The tail of the 'G' for the Flying prototype was not very clear, making it look like a 'C'. The tail of the aeroplane was not long enough to form the end of the 'G'. I could instead try to replace it with a runway, which can form the curve back of the tail of 'G' more at will. The class also asked about the coloring of the arrow 'N'. It was distracting. On the other hand, there were not much of feedbacks for the prototype of Diving.

In my revised work, will take out the backing of the character, replace with a runway to form the tail of G for the subject flying as well as change the color of the arrow to reduce noise.

Revised: Flying

Revised: Diving

No comments: